By Atef Z. Elsherbeni
The target of this ebook is to introduce scholars and design-engineers to antenna layout and research utilizing the preferred advertisement electromagnetic software program FEKO. This ebook is basically meant for college kids operating within the box of antenna research and layout; but the wealth of hands-on layout examples awarded during this book―along with simulation details―also makes it a precious reference for practising engineers. The requirement for the readers of this ebook is to be acquainted with the fundamentals of antenna thought; even though electric engineering scholars taking an introductory path in antenna engineering may also make the most of this publication as a supplementary textual content.
The key strengths of this publication are as follows
* First, the fundamentals of antenna simulation might be awarded in a close, comprehensible, and easy-to-follow technique via research of the easiest varieties of radiators, i.e. dipole and loop antennas, in chapters 2 and three. this may construct the elemental wisdom a pupil would wish that allows you to make the most of antenna simulation software program mostly.
* moment, comparability among theoretical research and full-wave simulation result of FEKO are given for numerous antenna varieties, in order to reduction the readers with a greater figuring out of the speculation, approximations and boundaries within the theoretical research, and answer accuracy.
* 3rd, and of paramount value, is the visualization of the antenna present distribution, radiation styles, and different radiation features which are made to be had via full-wave simulations utilizing FEKO. a formal research of the radiation features via those visualizations serves as a strong academic software to totally comprehend the radiation habit of antennas.
The advertisement electromagnetic software program FEKO is chosen for the simulations because of its a variety of benefits and recognition. specifically, this software program presents a number of solvers that may be selected for a quick and effective research looking on the kind of antenna. furthermore, FEKO offers loose school room licenses to universities which can be utilized to simulate lots of the antenna configurations awarded during this book.
FEKO simulation records can be found to teachers who undertake the ebook for his or her direction or execs who've bought the e-book. Please touch The IET for additional information
Read or Download Antenna analysis and design using FEKO electromagnetic simulation software PDF
Similar electromagnetism books
This monograph expounds an unique asymptotic desk bound section strategy for the review of integrals of swiftly oscillating services, which might be useful in wave radiation, propagation and diffraction examine. it really is self-contained, with conception, formulae and tabulated co-efficients.
The Wave idea Iterative strategy (WCIP) strategy has stumbled on increasingly more clients inside electromagnetic concept and purposes to planar circuits, antennas and diffraction difficulties. This e-book introduces intimately this new formula of indispensable tools, according to using a wave idea with bounded operators, and purposes in various domain names in electromagnetics.
Figuring out electromagnetic wave thought is pivotal within the layout of antennas, microwave circuits, radars, and imaging platforms. Researchers at the back of know-how advances in those and different parts have to comprehend either the classical concept of electromagnetics in addition to smooth and rising strategies of fixing Maxwell's equations.
- Classical electromagnetism
- Classical electromagnetism
- MRTD (Multi Resolution Time Domain) Method in Electromagnetics (Synthesis Lectures in Computational Electromagnetics)
- Introduction to Generators and Motors
- Practical Gamma-ray Spectroscopy
Extra resources for Antenna analysis and design using FEKO electromagnetic simulation software
B) l/10. Small dipoles generally have a very low gain; therefore, in practice finite length dipoles are usually preferred. Here we study the radiation characteristics of finite length dipoles. We consider four dipoles with lengths l/4, l/2, 3l/4, and l. 0001l. It should be noted here that the maximum scale in both these figures is 10 dB. The current distribution on the dipoles at the center frequency and at the frequency extremes across a 20% band is given in Figure 2-9. As the dipole length increases, the triangular current distribution changes into a sinusoidal distribution, where an almost half-cycle is observed for the halfwavelength dipole.
As the frequency changes, the triangular distribution of the current is still maintained, but the magnitude increases (decreases) as the frequency increases (decreases), since the electrical length increases (decreases). 77 dB. An almost stable radiation pattern is observed for both designs. In general, shorter dipoles can achieve a larger bandwidth, but in practice the main challenge is its feed design. Frequency = 270 MHz Frequency = 300 MHz 330 300 0 0 –10 –20 –30 –40 Frequency = 270 MHz 60 300 150 180 FIGURE 2-8 ¢ 0 –10 –20 –30 –40 60 90 120 210 (b) Frequency = 330 MHz 30 240 120 210 0 270 90 240 Frequency = 300 MHz 330 30 270 (a) Frequency = 330 MHz 180 AQ1 150 Gain pattern for a small dipole antennas: (a) l/20.
41 41 43 53 60 68 71 INTRODUCTION This chapter introduces another fundamental antenna configuration: the loop antenna. This simple, inexpensive, and very versatile antenna takes many different forms, such as a rectangle, square, triangle, ellipse, and circle. Because of the simplicity in analysis and construction, the circular loop is the most popular and has received the widest attention.