By Marc J. Madou
From MEMS to Bio-MEMS and Bio-NEMS: production innovations and Applications info production concepts appropriate to bionanotechnology. After reviewing MEMS strategies, fabrics, and modeling, the writer covers nanofabrication, genetically engineered proteins, synthetic cells, nanochemistry, and self-assembly. He additionally discusses scaling legislation in MEMS and NEMS, actuators, fluidics, and tool and brains in miniature units. He concludes with assurance of varied MEMS and NEMS purposes. absolutely illustrated in colour, the textual content includes end-of-chapter difficulties, labored examples, vast references for additional analyzing, and an in depth word list of terms.
Details the Nanotechnology, Biology, and production ideas acceptable to Bionanotechnology
- Nonlithography production recommendations with lithography-based methods
- Nature as an engineering consultant and contrasts top-down and bottom-up approaches
- Packaging, meeting, and self-assembly from ICs to DNA and organic cells
- Selected new MEMS and NEMS techniques and fabrics, metrology suggestions, and modeling
- Scaling legislation, actuators, strength new release, and the implementation of brains in miniaturizes devices
- Different suggestions for making micromachines smarter
- The transition out of the laboratory and into the marketplace
The 3rd quantity in Fundamentals of Microfabrication and Nanotechnology, 3rd variation, Three-Volume Set, the ebook discusses top-down and bottom-up production tools and explains tips on how to use nature as a consultant. It presents a greater knowing of the way to compare varied production concepts with a given software that scholars can use to spot extra killer MEMS and NEMS applications.
Other volumes in the set include:
- Solid-State Physics, Fluidics, and Analytical ideas in Micro- and Nanotechnology
- Manufacturing recommendations for Microfabrication and Nanotechnology